Phoenix and Pete:"I am a woman!"

>>I was told by someone that one of the boys was a transvestite. This was
>>allegedly in a newspaper report sometime ago.
>>Does anyone know the truth??????
>
>Probably exaggeration from something Keith pulled.  If you look around Who
>books it's not too hard to find a photo of him dressed as the Queen; if you
>look inside the Who's Next reissue CD there's a photo of him in drag that
>was rejected as a possible back cover for the album; he also appears in
>KAAR in leather being whipped which I could imagine being twisted to fuel
>the rumor.

No I don't think so. About 5 years ago there was a small article in the USA
Today and it said something about feeling like a woman and there was a quote
from Pete. I don't remember much other than Pete said something like "I can
relate because I am a woman." Then of course local radio got a hold of it
and blew it all out of proportion. I think that Pete was joking or just
creating publicity. It was such  a small article that I can't beleive that
anyone remembers it. Local radio brought up the Songs "Rough Boys" and "And
I Moved" which are both sung in 1st person and from a womans standpoint.
Although I heard Pete say in an interview that "And I moved" was originally
written for Bette Midler and she wouldn't record it because it was too
sexual (Go figure). So Pete recorded it himself but we all know that, don't we.

>>Phoenix, October 23rd, 1996.
>>
>>Pete's voice cracked only a couple of times during the night as the 3 days
>>off since the San Jose obviously payed off.
>
>There was no night off, they played the L A Forum the night before.

Ooops! I thought that they went from San Jose to Phoenix to Vegas to Anaheim.
Guess I was wrong.

>>Back to the performance, the album was played for the most part in order
>
>What wasn't played in order, except that the first and second verses of
>"Dirty Jobs" are switched?

I thought that "Punk meets the Godfather" was a little early, but I was in a
Sky Box and was busy coordinating the food and beverage charges for our
suite for the first half of the show. It was very inconvienient for me. So I
could be wrong.

>>Roger: (speechless)
>
>Actually, he responded, "You BAStard!"  Then, to the audience, "He's cut my
>lead!"

Entirely possible, the croud was making a lot of noise and I was farther
than I would have like to have been.