Re: 1st's

The first time I heard the Who, I had no intention of liking it.  I
borrowed a greatest hits CD from the library (I think The Who collection
but it didn't have the bullseye cover, it had a b&w picture from RSG) so I
could tape Magic Bus.  I didn't really know much about the Who, but a
friend of mine absolutely hated Magic Bus since it was all, as John puts
it "dum-de-dum-de-dum", so as a gag gift for his birthday, I made a tape
of just magic bus over and over and labelled it "Who Farted?".  When I was
taping I heard some catchy songs, so next time I went to the record store
I bought Who's Better Who's Best since it was the greatest hits album with
the most songs on it, and was actually cheaper than the others, and
listened to only that for about 4 months.  The next was Who's Next which
thoroughly impressed my with the fact that it had so many good songs that
weren't on the greatest hits and were never played on the radio.  After
that was Tommy (I liked the cardboard sleeve the 2 jewel cases came in)
then over the period of that summer, most of the rest.

Shane Matheson						MechEng/CompSci UWO

	"I smash guitars because I like them. " -- Pete Townshend