drowned guitar

>>I've heard (and seen) a few people mention this version of WGFA, but it
>>would seem to me that the version of Drowned is IMHO one of the greatest
>>ever moments in music. Anyone else prefer the Drowned?
>>bob main ringpiece and godspeed (band and label)
>
>I have to agree here.  That speed strumming bit during Drowned is pure
>magic.  I read an article in some magazine that listed the 100 greatest
>guitar players a few years back.  The short blurb on Pete said he deserves
>to be included just because of that bit on Drowned.
>
>- John Golomb
>
>kz2s@exit109.com
I think it is "possible" to separate guitar players into two categories:
great because of the right hand and great because of the left hand.
Pete is physically a great guitar player mostly because of his right hand
while most "great" guitar players (correct me if I am wrong) are labelled
great because of a flying left hand (or neck hand--meaning no offence to
those of us who are left handed.) Does this make sense at all?
bob main ringpiece and godspeed (band and label)