No Subject

Since we're all recounting, here's my tale of discovery.
        I got into the Who through a fluke.  I liked Eric Clapton.
        How does that figure into anything?  I watched all kinds of
biographies about him, and on every one he credited this one guy with his
life, having helped him out of the drugs.  There were interviews with  the
man - big nose, soft voice, mild mannerisms.  I ignored that guy.
        Until, that is, a hot August evening.  My father told me to come and
watch a show on the TV.  I did, and was awed.  That guy from the Clapton
bios was playing guitar - and leaping, and whirling his arms, and tangling
himself in the lead.  Not the spectacle I had expected.  The three fellows
with him were oddball too: the singer had long-curly hair, and swung the
mike like it was a mace; the drummer flailed and made faces and pounded away
joyfully; and the bass player just stood there.  The others were jumping and
making a scene... and he just stood there.  He was good, too.
        I was struck by their sheer energy.  I went out and rented a movie I
heard they had made ("Tommy"), with Eric Clapton, and thought it was the
strangest thing I had ever seen - I loved it.  I began collecting albums...
and there was no turning back.
        And there is no turning back once you're hooked...
JenniferD
A Guitar          _________

"...And chaos then will reign in our Rael..."