Broadway TOMMY in LA cancelled?

<<I just got a refund from Ticketmaster for the 6/5/96 TOMMY
<<show at the Universal Amphitheatre.  Anyone know why the
<<show was cancelled?  (They cancelled a second date as well.)

The entire tour was cancelled due to poor advanced ticket sales.  This tour
was going to be a "concert version" of the show, without the entire Broadway
set.  There were no big-named stars slated, and it failed to attract enough
interest to make it financially viable.  The same thing was planned and
cancelled last summer.

As a result, I am in Vancouver playing MISS SAIGON :-(

Scott