Re: censorship

Greg, re:

>Here's the moral to the story... (as good a point as any to begin from)

EXCELLENT post. I'm glad you pointed out several examples of the dialog
between yourself and the "moderator". This is EXACTLY what happens when you
have a sysop or censor or... involved. It becomes YOUR fault for what THEY
don't understand. You end up wasting your time trying to "explain", but it
makes no difference, because after awhile you realize that it's not that
their simply ignorant, they're just downright stoopid!

Imagine having an "intelligent" conversation with someone  trying to explain
to you how a fictional character on a TV show may turn around and sue you for
referring to that character as a "troll"???

Unfortunately and very sadly, MANY people actually like "hiding" behind a
moderator/sysop/censor/gestapo man/etc... because it offers them some sort of
PROTECTION. There are people out there (and here I'm sure) that jump out of
their skins over some things they read on the computer. As some "person" here
mentioned, "I don't want to see reality when I turn this thing on!" (Scary,
isn't it?)

Fortunately, other people out here agree with your sentiments and have said
so accordingly. However, probably for every 10, there is one, that is still
saying "STOP WASTING MY TIME WITH ALL OF THIS!!!" That person will never come
to understand that it's YOU who had to waste his time for the benefit of
attempting to educate someone like him...

But... that's life!

-wf