Re: 3/4 Who content

On Tue, 21 May 1996 WFang01@aol.com wrote:

> >>What Who (or PT) song that wasn't ever a major release should have
> been?
>
> "Major release"? The fact that "Relay" was only a single, then a rarity never
> made much sense. Great song... Even better live!

As long as Simon Townshend can remember the chords ! Apart from 'the
band' playing it at the Who Convention, did they ever used to play it
live ?

As for songs that should have been singles, how about 'Dance It Away'
(B-side of 'Uniforms'), preferably being done by The Who. The vocals
would have suited Roger's voice, and the bassline is quite Entwistle-like
as it is.

Meloncholia also springs to mind. It would have made a great single.

It's a real shame that Townshend never got round to doing the
orchestrated album he mentions in the Scoop liner notes. There's some
great tracks that have surfaced, like Brooklyn Kids, Praying the Game and
Street in the City. I wonder how close this album came to being put out ?

Cheers,

Dave