Re: Terry Riley, (MWC, send me a warning)

In article <960521125325_118068685@emout17.mail.aol.com> ,
    RD615@aol.com  writes:
> >>he thought <gasp> Baba O'Reily was really called, well, you know what.
> >> I chastised him strongly and explained about the Meher Babba, but
> embaressingly
> >>was unable to explain the O'Reily. I was sure one of you guys could help!
>
> >Terry Riley is well-known among devotees of minimalist music. His
> >compositions frequently begin with a theme which he repeats forever,
> >but with gradual changes. He was one of the early synthesizer users,
> >which I imagine is what attracted Pete at that point.

Larry Fast, who you might be familiar with through his work with Peter
Gabriel, has also done a large chunk of innovative synth. stuff.  Like
Pete and TR, he was doing it before the age of digital synths, etc.
His first album "Electronic Realizations for Rock Orchestra" has just
been re-released on CD with a greatly improved sound (or at least
Larry assured me of that in e-mail :)

Oblig Who Content: I videotaped the CNN PT segment and will be grabbing
some still frames from that, which I will make available by FTP/Web.
Not sure which show it was from, but it wasn't HOB because Pete was
wearing what looked like a blue polo izod style shirt.  Was this the
SF show or NYC?
--
         Between stimulus and response is the will to choose.
  3D Paint Programmer / Fractal Freak           Rich Thomson