Re: Terry Riley, (MWC, send me a warning)

>>he thought <gasp> Baba O'Reily was really called, well, you know what.
>> I chastised him strongly and explained about the Meher Babba, but
embaressingly
>>was unable to explain the O'Reily. I was sure one of you guys could help!

>Terry Riley is well-known among devotees of minimalist music. His
>compositions frequently begin with a theme which he repeats forever,
>but with gradual changes. He was one of the early synthesizer users,
>which I imagine is what attracted Pete at that point. If you listen "A
>Rainbow In Curved Air", for instance, I think you can see where Pete
>got some of his inspiration for the use of synthesizers on Who's Next.

If anyone is interested in exploring Terry Riley's music (it is worth the
time), check out his work "In C".  It is just that, a work centered around
the chord C.  Very hypnotic, great nap music, if you do this sort of thing.
 Now whether or not Pete used Terry as an inspiration I don't know.  I just
love the music.

Eagerly awaiting Rich T's note,

Randy