Re: Face Dances

Dougy, re:

>Hate to keep this topic going (could be a worse one though), but another
angle on the lackluster FD is the fact that the band did not build anything
on Pete's demos.

>Just from the stuff on the Scoop albums, when you compare the demos f You
Better You Bet,  Don't Let Go The Coat etc to the band's versions, there is
hardly anything added.

>But with something like Bargain, Love Reign O'er Me etc.  The band takes the
songs well beyond what Pete had.  Even the It's Hard demos are more fleshed
out than FD ones.

By your reasoning, your suggesting that Pete's demos in general are basically
"fair" to start with, then when the band get's involved, the songs are
improved dramatically. I don't see that at all. What I see is:

Good Pete demo = Good Who song
Bad Pete demo = Bad Who song

I don't see any dramatic differences between the demo and Who version of
"Love Reign O'er Me". The demo was great to start with and the band put the
finishing touches on it... What was the band supposed to do with a demo like
"Cache Cache"???

-wf