Re: WHO sounds good...

>From: WFang01@aol.com
>Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 08:10:44 -0400
>Subject: WHO sounds good...
>
>Per Gary's request, here's kind of a "sound quality" recommended discography
>for the various Who albums and CDs...
>
>Best picks: (pre-remix/remaster)
>
>A Quick One (aka "Happy Jack")
>
>Polydor Germany vinyl. Most of the tracks are in excellent true stereo,
>except for "So Sad About Us" (stereo version can be found on French "Best Of
>The Who Vol 2" or USA "Happy Jack" --original pressings have very good sound)
>and "See My Way" (not available in stereo anywhere). For those of you who may
>own it, but don't know it... This version came in the "Phases" box set... The
>original USA Decca was a hodge-podge of true stereo, simulated stereo and
>mono. Nothing to brag about, except for the "Happy Jack" and "So Sad About
>Us" tracks...

Anyone have any ideas why MCA decided to issue those crappy mono mixes on
their new issue of AQO? RRR is the only song in stereo from the old album,
and Whiskey Man is in some sort of fake stereo. Why did they do this on a
remix??? Why they did not remix these songs into stereo is beyond me... It
seems like they just decided to mix a few songs in mono, a few in stereo,
just out of the blue...

>Magic Bus
>
>I'll only say this about that... The ORIGINAL Decca version has the BEST
>studio version/mix of the title track (true stereo). The MCA CD is worthless,
>unless you have to have the 2nd version of "Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde" on CD...

I have said this before, and I think I got a few replies, but none did
answer my question. Are there any _US_ _CDs_ that contain the long version
of Magic Bus? I have heard it is on the MBBAB LP, but is it on the CD? If
it is not there, anyone know if it is on any US CDs? If so, is it in stereo
or mono?

Also, are there any plans for MCA to reissue Odds and Sods? Or a new
greatest hits package (ie, with the singles in their real form, as opposed
to the box set...).

Luke

---

LukPac@newrock.com
http://www.corenet.net/lukpac/

Co-creator of the Macinwash: "Cleans your clothes _AND_ the internet!"