Re: delurking.

At 04:47 PM 05/11/96 -0400, WFang01@aol.com wrote:
>Jeff, re:
>
>>When I went to the store today they had the Tommy Demos and the
>Maximum BBC boots but (hoping not to incur the wrath of White Fang)
>I didn't have the ready on me.
>
>Welcome to the "list" ("lurk" = "cloak" and "wf = Khan"???) I'll give you
>some good advice regarding "shopping". If you see it and you want it...
>BUY IT. All of us "collectors" can tell you stories about "the one that got
>away..." Because of various laws (and the enforcement of the same), boots are
>drying up fast. The next guy who sees the same thing you saw today could be
>buying YOUR CDs... It can stay in the bin forever, until the very moment that
>you want to buy it! This happens every time... Imagine that I had "Lazy Fat
>People" in my hands (the record--not real people) 13 years ago, passed it up
>and now I finally got it just last summer...
>
>-wf no "wrath", just a small "lecture"...

I can definitely second that. Collector-wise the Who are somewhat minor.
There are items I bought twenty years ago that I have never even seen since.
There will come a time that money will not even matter, you will just not be
able to find them for any price. I passed up Japanese picture sleeve singles
of "Whiskey Man" and "I'm a Boy" for $40 each. I'd pay 3-5 times that today
but it doesn't matter. Nobody has them.

Joe
-----
Joe Giorgianni
South Glens Falls, NY  12803

If you are interested in the Who and their records please check out my web
page at:

http://www.capital.net/users/giorgian/