Rough Boys/Gay Life

>>As for the "homosexual song" part, this was the begining of the famous
questioning of the Timothy White interview with Pete... He asked Pete about
"Rough Boys" and was it a "coming out" and Pete said "no" and a lot of
homosexual people wrote him saying how brave it was he was coming out, etc.

Sorry, Rich.  Gotta correct you here.  You may be thinking of the Musician
interview with Bill Flannagan, however it was the interview on Timothy
White's radio show that caused a great furor when it came out in book form in
Rock Lives.

In Pete's words...
"What, in a sense, "Rough Boys" was about was almost a coming-out, an
acknowledgement of the fact that I'd had a gay life, and that I understood
what gay sex was about:  it was not about faggery at all.  It was about
violence in a lot of senses.  It leans very heavily into the kind of violence
that men carry in them.

If men have a violence which cannot be shared with women, then it can't be
shared with them sexually.  And so there's only one place for that violence
and that's with other men."