Re: Deep Purple (no Who)

>Unfortunately, I seem to be in a small
>majority as regards those first Purple albums; they haven't even been
>released in full on CD here in the States.  (There's a great Japanese
>compilation that I got used in LA called Purple Passages that has about
>half of those first three albums).

I have a CD in my store called SHADES OF, which is (of course) one of those
albums. Is that one incomplete? And I also have one called THE BEST OF DEEP
PURPLE which is a compilation of the first three albums.

Just to throw my two cents in, I like Black Night, FIREBALL, MH, WHO DO WE
THINK WE ARE, & PERFECT STRANGERS. It's all in what you expect from the
band. It's good Rock music, that's all. Nothing Earth-shattering. I also
think that Perfect Strangers is the most excellent Zeppelin imitation song I
have ever heard in my life. The first time I heard it, I thought it WAS Zep.
PS. I never liked Grand Funk, Alice Cooper, or Bachman-Turner. Yeesh!

                   Cheers                   ML