Re: Deep Purple (no Who)

Lev,
Re:
If you ask me, the band's most
>interesting, if not necessarily their best material, came from their
>first three albums, when Lord was essentially the leader

What albums?  You mean the ones before Gillan and Glover joined?  I used to
listen to DP a lot before I got into the Who.  Saw them once on their '85
tour - good show.  (Even saw Gillan fronting Black Sabbath a year or so
before that.  They played Smoke on the Water as an encore.)  I'd say DP
contributed about as much to the Spinal Tap mythos as did the Who.

cmh
http://www2.trn.or.jp/chris/index.html
150 東京都渋谷区東 3-12-12
3-12-12 Shibuya-ku Higashi, Tokyo 150
TEL: 03-3486-8861 FAX: 03-3486-8862

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence." -- Jeremy S. Anderson