Re: Dreaming in Cleveland

At 07:53 AM 5/9/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Gary, re:
>
>>(I would previously have put WGFA as filmed by Jeff Stein in TKAA above
>Dreaming, but I`m now convinced as a result of comments by other listers that
>parts if not all of that performance were pre-recorded).
>
>"Pre-recorded"??? Yeah, maybe the synthesizer tape, but I wouldn't say
>anything else on it... I think this may have been a "take 2" as Stein wasn't
>happy with the first version they did of it... It was my favorite version of
>the song, until I heard Kansas City, 1975. The drumming on that version is
>unbelievable...
>
>-wf
>
>Well, I don`t know...Look carefully at the beginning of the song, when Pete
is spinning around wildly; he seems barely to be playing the guitar yet the
riffs are clean and in tune. Also, after the synth and drum solos at the
end, his acrobatics ( that phenomenal cross-stage leap - how his knees stood
this I don`t know) seem at odds with some of his playing, as if he was
miming it. I`m quite sure a lister has earlier given additional reasons for
this view, but I can`t recall who he was now. It was in the course of a
discussion about why the Who had lip-synched many of their tv
appearances.....Gary M.