Byrds and Who

Mark`s reference to Roger (Jim) McGuinn`s Back to Rio (a truly lovely
record) puts me in mind that there should by all rights be a number of
significant links between the Who and the Byrds - both of them great,
musical, innovative, spiritual bands which nonetheless have rather different
sounds despite their contemporaneity. Yet, all I can think of in terms of
anything which really links the two bands is the jangly Byrds sound Pete
gets off his guitar in So Sad About Us. Mark, can you, or any other lister,
identify any further links between these two iconic bands of the classic
rock era?....Gary M.