Re: Warner Bros. material

>I apologize for forgetting who recently posted this, but I was under the
>impression that MCA now owns the Who's Warners Bros. output (FD, IH).  If so,
>licensing fees shouldn't have mattered for the boxed set, which was issued
>only in 1994.  Also, the boxed set was put together by Charlesworth and
>Astley.  Chris is on record as hating IT'S HARD; no doubt that's why he only
>included one track from it.  I don't think $$ had anything to do with it (he
>probably had to be cajoled into putting any FD or IH material on the boxed
>set).

Jim:

I posted it. The "monkey house" reference should have given it away.
MCA is licensing the two WB albums from WB, but they don't own them. And
they still have to pay for the songs they use in a compilation.
As for Charlesworth, we already know that he's under "final approval" of
MCA, so he wasn't completely free to include what he wished (otherwise, we'd
have a LAL TOMMY on the way).
Chris my hate IH, and that was probably a consideration, but I think he
might have included at least one more song had he been free to. Please note
that he also only included one from FD (and surely The Quiet One was a
strong candidate, given the amount of Entwistle songs on the set).
So it still comes down to what MCA is unwilling to do for the fans.

                   Cheers                   ML