Warner Bros. material

>>Who do you think picks the songs for a compilation, anyway? The record
company, that's who. Now we're talking about MCA...the most incompetent
record company this side of the monkey house. I told you why only EF was on
the boxed set: licensing fees. It's the same reason that there's no Warner
Brothers album material on WHO'S LAST (which was released by MCA).<<

I apologize for forgetting who recently posted this, but I was under the
impression that MCA now owns the Who's Warners Bros. output (FD, IH).  If so,
licensing fees shouldn't have mattered for the boxed set, which was issued
only in 1994.  Also, the boxed set was put together by Charlesworth and
Astley.  Chris is on record as hating IT'S HARD; no doubt that's why he only
included one track from it.  I don't think $$ had anything to do with it (he
probably had to be cajoled into putting any FD or IH material on the boxed
set).

--Jim