Another Tricky Baba Song?

>>>The lyrics even have that California-lifestyle message...from The Who???

>>        Good point.  That IS kinda frightening.
>>

>>JenniferD aka Guitar Girl:

>What's funny about that (to me, at least) is he seems to have the opposite
message in
>the solo song Exquisitely Bored. But then...that's Pete for ya.  And I have
to wonder
>what brought on that sort of thinking (I mean, as in ATD). Pete of all
people I can't
>imagine going for that "feel good" thing (not to make any judgments on that
sort of
>lifestyle; I've liked every Californian I've ever met. Some of my best
friends...OK, OK. >Can't I even make a joke? Actually and truthfully, my best
friend is from Cal.
>originally). I know he visits there, even as he does here in Myrtle Beach,
for the Baba
>Center. BTW, anyone here ever been to the California Baba Center?

Sir, you mention Baba but find the message in "Another Tricky Day" to be so
unWho-like??  Wasn't one of Baba's favorite sayings "Don't Worry, Be Happy?"
 Isn't that in essence what "ATD" is saying as well?  And it certainly isn't
unusual for Pete to say (or write) one thing and say something inconsistent
later!  Yes, Pete wrote his fair share of depressing songs, but I always
found so many more of his messages to be uplifting at their core, which may
be why so many people say things like 'Quad saved my life.'   LMLOTD is one
of those more hopeful songs from around the same period as ATD, and yet Pete
was going through pure hell (some self-induced, some because of Keith's
death, some because of Cincy) around this time, yet he could still find it
within himself to write an upbeat song or two.

Rich B.

NP:  "Shiny Happy People"