Weekend thoughts

Dear folks -

	I just got back on my e-mail account for the first time since thursday,
and just wanted to post a few thoughts about the PT show Fri evening, which
I had the pleasure to attend.  I have not read any of the digests or postings
yet, and am purposely posting without them so I won't be biased.  I assume
there have been many reports on the show, so I will just stick to a few
personal thoughts.

	First, I want to say what a pleasure it was to meet so many of the
folks I have been "talking" to for years.  I had a great time with so many
folks, and was really sorry I had to split so fast afterwards (but it was
really hard to get up and drive at 4;30 AM as it was - more socializing would
not have helped!).

	The show was pretty amazing. Lots of highlights for me, but a few
which may not have been mentioned: "Heart to hang on to" was amazing, and
truly nailed on guitar; the piano medly of the two Mose Alison songs; Pete
complaining to Bob Pridden about the piano effect box knob falling off; hearing
Pete dust off "A Legal Matter"; and seeing his intensity in performance, which
I did not sense as intently on the 1993 tour.

	I was surprised at how much Pete referred to his notebook for lyrics
even through simple songs that I would have thought he had down pat.  There
were several times he would stop playing to turn the page - really, guy, a
teleprompter works so much better!  But the feel of the whole evening to
me was much like hearing him play "Another Scoop" in concert - a really
unique and wonderful experience.

	Well, that's it from me - now to read what everyone else thought...

- Mason