Re: Kenney Jones

I think I read somewhere that Kenney Jones played on Rough Boys. Any truth to
this, anyone?

Also, as far as the writing of material for a drummer in mind, I heard Pete
say that he had to keep everything basic 4/4, and nothing that would "swing,"
so that Keith could play it.

Litgo

Jacksonjim wrote:

>By doing old established material, Kenney  really kind of followed in
Keith's >footsteps.  But he did it with a great deal of energy and
enthusiasm.  I think part [snip]
>IH is another matter.  Kenney's drumming is more confident and Pete's songs
are a >step up from FD (generally speaking, there are some clunkers on IH,
but I have >found that FD is a collection of clunkers, with the possible
exception of THE QUIET >ONE).  Admittedly, Kenney is not terribly
imaginative, but then I don't think Pete >gave him as much as he could have
to work with.  I like CRY IF YOU WANT because >its drumming is very atypical
Who.  Keith could never have done that song (like he >couldn't do MUSIC MUST
CHANGE), and that I found refreshing.  EMINENCE was >definitely written with
Kenney in mind, and it features a great Entwistle bass line.