Re: Posting Subjects

Randy, re:

>>> I've been listening to the discussion about what to post and what not to
post for a while now. It strikes me that this list is like most things in
life. People have different ideas of what form it should take, and when it is
different, some can tolerate it and others want to change it.  I've always had
a problem with the thinking that if you don't like something, the other person
must stop doing it.  If you don't like a post, don't read it.  If it's in the
digest, scroll over it.  It's scary how many people out there want the world
to conform to what makes them comfortable.

        Exactly!  What's really strange is, it seems to me that there are a
lot out there who aren't even comfortable TALKING about what to talk about!
As if, because this is "The Wholist", the content must ONLY be about the Who!
Now, I don't know about you or anyone else, but I find it frightening that we
can't deal with other issues that may crop up in this forum .... issues that
directly deal with communicating in general.  Isn't that rather
one-dimensional?  In fact, isn't that the cause of most of the problems in our
world today, along with greed?  (Do I hear "Pomp & Circumstance" in the
background?!)

>>> I'm not just interested in what people think of the Who, but how people
who like the Who think.

        Sometimes I think I am interested more in the latter than in the
former.  (But than again, I do love the Who!!)

        gary m.