Re: Last Two Albums

Jimbo, re:

>IH is better than" Who Are You?"  I could not disagree more.  WAY went 4
singles deep, had arguably their best song in years (the title track),
featured much stronger contributions from Entwistle and by the standard you
seem to rely on most, reached #2 in the US.  IH, on the hand, was an album
made because they had to, managed but two singles, featured Kenny Jones not
Moon and had songs like "One Life's Enough", "A Man  Is A Man", "Why Did I
Fall For That" and "Cry If You Want".  I'd love to have seen the look on RD
and JAE faces when Pete offered up material like this (particularly "One
Life's Enough") for the Who.

Just for the record:

 "Who Are You" 2 singles: (1) "Who Are You"/"Had Enough",  (2) "Trick Of The
Light"/"905"

And, "It's Hard" had 3 singles: (1) "Athena"/"It's Your Turn" (the "b" side
was "A Man Is A Man" in the rest of the world), (2) "Eminence Front"/"One At
A Time", (3) "It's Hard"/"Dangerous"

It was a bit odd that they chose to promote their 2nd single (constantly
shown on MTV) when the album came out and the tour began...

As for the 2 albums... I'd say I like them equally. "Who Are You" drags a bit
with "Sister Disco" and "Guitar & Pen" (I would have produced that one
differently) and "It's Hard" drags a bit with "A Man Is A Man" and "Why Did I
Fall For That", but I still consider them good songs. As for "One Life's
Enough", would everyone have been happier with it had Pete sang & played it
accoustically, perhaps like "Blue Red & Grey"??? Both of these albums I like
better than "Who By Numbers", but I'll reserve final judgement on that one
after it's remixed...

-wf