Re: More on Fang.

Scott, re: (BTW, you get some points for the good "play on words" in the
subject line--I like that! However, if it's just coincidental, and you
didn''t notice, you lose some...)

>  On the other hand, you have called me stupid, incapable of thought or
reason,
and perhaps even mentally imbalanced.

I did? Must be paranoia. Find me MY quote where I called you "stupid" and
said those things about YOU.

>>Hmmm...I don't want to copy your exact sentence here again, but let me
remind you that you said EITHER these black men would be scalpers, OR they
would say your-now-infamous-offensive-line.

hMMM... (correct usage) I don't think "respectable" ANYONE  (black, white,
green, blue, yellow) would be "pacing back and forth in front of a concert
line", do YOU? Not to make this a black & white issue (no pun intended), but
MY experience has been that *I* have always been approached by some black guy
at almost every Who related concert I've attended. Someone else's experience
may be different, so what? Are you trying to imply that I have something
against scalpers of any color? I could care less...

>>First of all, you left NO possibility that there might be some respectable
black people there.

You mean like I may have had an "incomplete thought"??? That wouldn't be the
first time! OK, how does THIS sound:

Look for some big black guy pacing back and forth <etc, etc...> and if he
says, "I am wants sum... <GOOD STUFF HERE>, he's not the guy OR, if it's just
some other black guy on line, he's a decent guy, so don't bother him.

I don't know... I think it sounded better the first way. What do you think???

>>Secondly, you left out the possibility that there might be some WHITE
scalpers-or yellow, or whatever.  As a matter of fact, Mr. Weiner, before I
became a full-time musician, I was a ticket "scalper".  I rarely stood
outside hawking tickets, but I could be found outside the Garden
occasionally.  As a point of fact, I can tell you that nearly 100% of the
ticket broker companies are  are owned and run by whites.  Of course there
are black scalpers, but there are far more white scalpers.  There are of
course black criminals, but thare are also white ones.  There are black
"ne'er-do-wells", but there are also white ones.

You mean there are people out there who do something other than "scalp" for a
living??? Don't you think this is getting a weee bit silly??? BTW, the last
time I got "scalped", they cut my hair too short! As for the "white"/"black"
issue or is it the "black"/"white" issue (I don't want to be accused of
consciously putting "white" before "black"), you seem to be saying that WHITE
scalpers are entrepenuers and BLACK scalpers are bid-nes-men. You may not
realize this, but I didn't create this world, I just live in it...

>>  So, you see, by saying that a black man who is not a scalper WILL say
your odious phrase, you seem to be stereotyping-and I am offended.

Nope. I disagree with you. BTW, if it makes you feel any better, I've had
some black friends in the past, who have said <YOU-KNOW-WHAT>. I didn't think
it was a "crime" then and I don't now. As a matter of fact, I laughed the
first time I heard it. I STILL think it's funny! Again, I can't control what
"offends" you. Perhaps if I "shock" your system enough, you'll become less
sensitive and therefore not overreact...

>>If we misunderstood, why don't you calmly and politely clear the matter up
for us?

I'm always "calm", not always "polite". However, you never said, "what do you
mean by that?", you said, "I'm deeply offended!" There's no room to take that
singular comment seriously. Nor is there any room to discuss it as it stood.

>>It would seem as though in YOUR "real world" blacks are to be avoided.  If
this is not the case, I would have no way of knowing, because you have yet to
say one positive thing about blacks or black culture.

How you could possibly draw those conclusions is beyond any reasoning that I
know of.
1) I never said scalping was bad, therefore a "black" scalper is not
necessarily bad.
2) I never said a "jive" talkin' black person who desires white women was
bad. You just assumed that's what I meant. I could care less if our friend
"Scooter" likes sheep, what do I care who's with who, unless perhaps a
"minor" is involved.
3) I've never said anything positive about blacks. So. I don't think I've
said anything positive about any other groups of people either. What is your
point?
4) I've never said anything negative about blacks. (see #3 above).

Let's say that I LOVE black people, most of my friends are black, I donate
lots of money to black causes, etc, etc, etc... Would that have made your
misinterpretation of my sentiments any diffferent? The problem is jumping to
conclusions without thought, not people's declaration of love for any
particular group of pepole!

>>Instead, you attempted to defend your unteneble position by misquoting and
skewing Who lyrics!  Shame!  This, I believe, shows how shallow your actual
knowledge of the Who really is.

Which lyrics did I "misquote" or "skew"? Your treading on thin ice with this
one...

>> I realize that you know all there is to know about every release date,
format, track length, etc., but you know nothing about the music.

Don't "realize" anything. I don't keep track of release dates. While your
reevaluating this reply, what is it that I don't know "about the music". Can
you cite some examples?

>> I'm sure you know that Eyesight To The Blind (which Mr. Townshend still
enjoys playing) was written by Sonny Boy Williamson.  With your extensive
collection, do you have a copy of the original?  Ever even heard it?  If not,
aren't you curious as to why the Who chose to cover it?

Never heard it, nor do I care to. I don't like the original "Summertime
Blues" or "Shakin' All Over" either, nor do I care why they chose to cover
them. Is there a point to this?

>>The fact that no one on earth posts more to this list than you does not
make you or your posts more important or significant than anyone else's.

This is true.

> Do I need to have credentials to be taken seriously here? I am a Who fan.
Not enough?

No, but if your only contribution here is "I am deeply offended", than that's
something I can't take seriously. If you don't contribute, whether you stay
or leave makes no difference to the rest of the list. How could it? If you
have something to say about The Who, I wish you would. Is there really a
purpose to this whole thread? Do you feel better now?

Well... if you're at the pre-Pete "gathering" tomorrow or Saturday, feel free
to continue this discussion in person... or... here. It's up to you...

-wf