I'm not an elephant, but...

I almost never forget...

Now, getting back to "The Kids Are Alright" length mystery... If memory
serves me correctly, it was posted on this list that Leonard Maltin had it
clocked at 106 minutes (or 1 hour, 46...).

However, now that I've taken the full length version* out of storage and
actually played it, (while copying it for Gary M) it is actually just a snad
under 109 minutes. Most interestingly, after the usual "Long Live Rock"
credits, the credits change with "The Kids Are Alright", which continues
after the screen goes black for a few moments. Either, I've never left the
tape on past "Long Live Rock", or all other video versions are "cut short"...

So, in summary, the original movie was NOT over 2 hours and why they edited
it and sped it up still remains a mystery...

* This version was recorded from the "famous" RCA CED video disc system,
which to date, is the only unedited "The Kids Are Alright" video version...

-wf