Re: "WHO" NEWS

Eel, re:

> WHO ARE YOU is not quite so bad a problem.  The 1977 - 78 session listing
>mentions Who versions of "Choir Boy" & "Empty Glass".  Jon Astley has
doubts,
>however, that these are quite what they appear.  He says that "Choir Boy"
was
>re-worked as something else and has no recollection of "Empty Glass" being
>recorded by The Who at all.  But they are listed in Pete's archives.  The
>main point of interest for this CD however is that additional tracks might
>well be selected from the last two Moon - era gigs at Kilburn (which Astley
>engineered) and Shepperton.

One of my biggest problems with "Generation" is that the news is often
"stale". Some of the information you mentioned here is almost the exact
conversation that I had with John Astley at the Who Fest (coincidentally
right near the Generation table!). However, at the time, we discussed, "Empty
Glass", "Keep On Working" and "Choir Boy" and he said he couldn't find them,
to which I replied, "Say... weren't 'you' the producer???" From what I was
told, a box labeled "Choir Boy" was found, but at the time, no info on the
other two. Jon DID say that he wanted to use the live material from the last
2 Moon concerts and he thought it was excellent.

As for the soundboard tape you mentioned... not me!

-wf