Re: Hendrix's influence

I just reread my June 1994 issue of "Guitar World" magazine.  It's
essentially a Who tribute issue (OK, mostly...).  Great pictures and some
transcriptions, too.  The main article ("Not F-F-F-Fade Away" by Alan
DiPerna) mentions that in 1966, Jimi Hendrix went to Marshall's music shop
and "demanded to buy the same kind of Marshall amp that Pete Townshend used".
 Influence being exerted here???  By the way, I finally got to see Hendrix'
version of "Wild Thing" from the "Monterey Pop" film last year.  Take away
the sexual movements and its pure Townshend...

For what its worth,

Dan Senesky