Re: More Beatles Influence

>>SELL OUT was released December 16, 1967. It was recorded between July and
>October of that year. (Source: The SELL OUT CD booklet.)
>
>>Draw your own conclusions.
>
>Actually, many of the demos for "Sell Out" were written in 1966.
>
>What type of pen would you like to "redraw" your conclusions?

I really don't think it matters which album was written or released first.
Sell Out has enough original ideas to stand alone in comparison to Pepper.
Is the loose concept idea from Pepper?  Possibly, but who's to say that the
Beatles didn't pick up on the Kink's Face to Face a year earlier?  The Who's
sound definately gravitated toward the psychadelic side of '67, but since
they were observing the beginning of the "summer of love" with their own
eyes at Monterey it's pretty understandable.