No Subject

wf wrote:
>Back in the "good ol' days" when Prodigy's bulletin boards were "free", we
>finally taught the censors a thing or two and wore them right out. Then came
>the price hike and my friends wanted to move to GEnie. What a Nazi nightmare!
>You couldn't say "jack <Picard> without having one of these annoying little
>sysop dweebs butt right into your conversation and "yell" at you.

        Well, that's also the cost of doing business with an online service.
You can't express yourself beyond the boundaries of their current terms of
service, by which they have every right to yell at you. That's why most
people, instead of opting for another online service, go with a local
internet provider. That way they have direct access to the usenet and to
email lists with out the outrageous (and criminal) cost of an online
service. The tone of most music related forums on onlines services also
tends (generally - not always) to be very juvenile and flame oriented and
people looking for serious discussion usually move to dedicated lists like
these to avoid the "me-too!" and "you-suck" level of online service discussions.