Re: Beatles Anth 2 reveals something interesting...

>The Beatles have always been pretty discrete in trying to copy their
>contemporaries, but the new CD set reveals a direct Who connection.  One of
>my favorite Beatle songs, And Your Bird Can Sing, is included in an
>alternate form on the new Anthology 2 release (a MUST have for any serious
>audiophile, or anglophile, take your pick).  In this version there is a
>break with Paul playing a bass run over a drum fill to introduce the last
>verse of the song. Substitute anyone?

Ian:

I thought of The Who went I heard the ("new") opening for Good Morning Good
Morning and the "wild drums" on Strawberry Fields too.
Of course, if pressed I would have to admit a bit of Beatles' influence on
The Kids Are Alright and So Sad About Us, so I guess it's OK...

              Cheers                          ML