Re: Now approaching the microphone......

>I don't play any musical instuments, but my job demands that I create and
>relate to others constantly (I'm an electronic design technician). I
>am rarely satisfied with myself. I don't think Pete is either. This is
>probably why I love the Who so. I can hear it where others (not people here)
>cannot. Do The Who relate to sex? No, they accomadate frustration. What is
>more satisfying than violent destruction? I've often wished that I too
>could smash everything in sight and walk out. Unfortunately, I can't. So
>I listen to The Who and let the boys do it for me. No, I am not a happy
>person, but the Who keeps me alive.

Chico:

Very sorry to hear that you aren't happy, and while I am at the moment there
have been plenty of times when The Who got me over some bad times. When I
lost my first love I listened (a lot) to LAL. It definitely helped.
And it's that very disatisfaction Pete had that kept driving him forward. So
while it might be bad for him on a personal level, it certainly gave birth
to some great music.

>In early November, I began a short lived relationship (my first in five
>years). Although I was skeptical about it at first, after a few weeks,
>I felt incredibly satisfied. Even though I was still listening to The Who,
>I did not feel the anger that normally accompanied my daily life. I
>played them less and less.

I must also say that I enjoy The Who just as much when I'm feeling great.
The new TOMMY, coming just as I have freed myself from the "worst job in the
world," has been a joyous experience.

>My school career was on the down side, but I was not very concerned,
because I >had someone. Unfortunately, I was dumped in early January for
reasons I still >am trying to figure out. I keep faulting myself. As time
has passed since >January, I feel myself calming, but I now make an effort
to ensure that I >listen to at least some Who daily. It is what keeps me going.
>Thanks for your time.

If I may, I realized some time ago three things that everyone who is going
through this should say to themselves, as a sort of litany:

This is not my fault.
I should not be dependent on someone else for my happiness
I won't always feel this bad.

It has worked for me in the past...perhaps it will for you as well. I hope
so, anyway. It can't hurt...
Good luck and welcome to the list.

         Cheers                  ML