Now approaching the microphone......

All right. Time for me to climb onto the soapbox.......
Yes, it is true that SOME women do like the Who and find them to be
incredibly sexy. Nearly every one I have ever met think just the opposite.
I personnaly believe that it is related to personality. Let's face it, The
Who were a loud, arrogant, scruffy bunch (I'm paraphrasing Pete here).
Although many women may identify with that, few women find that attractive.
As for the Who relation to happiness, I could not disagree more strongly.
On many boots, Pete can be heard laughing or making jokes, or in high
spirits overall, but I don't think Pete has ever really been happy (with
himself). I relate to this strongly. Pete's a performer, and so am I.
I don't play any musical instuments, but my job demands that I create and
relate to others constantly (I'm an electronic design technician). I
am rarely satisfied with myself. I don't think Pete is either. This is
probably why I love the Who so. I can hear it where others (not people here)
cannot. Do The Who relate to sex? No, they accomadate frustration. What is
more satisfying than violent destruction? I've often wished that I too
could smash everything in sight and walk out. Unfortunately, I can't. So
I listen to The Who and let the boys do it for me. No, I am not a happy
person, but the Who keeps me alive.
In early November, I began a short lived relationship (my first in five
years). Although I was skeptical about it at first, after a few weeks,
I felt incredibly satisfied. Even though I was still listening to The Who,
I did not feel the anger that normally accompanied my daily life. I
played them less and less. My school career was on the down side, but I was
not very concerned, because I had someone.
Unfortunately, I was dumped in early January for reasons I still am trying
to figure out. I keep faulting myself. As time has passed since January, I
feel myself
calming, but I now make an effort to ensure that I listen to at least some
Who daily. It is what keeps me going.
Thanks for your time.

Chico

NP: San Franscisco 1971