New Bootleg

Hey folks -

	Just wanted to let you all know of a new and somewhat interesting
bootleg I picked up this week - a japanese pressing called "Cry Blue Murder"
listed as being from Westwood Park, Oklahoma City 1968.

	First the bad news - sound is pretty bad, awful in places.  The boot
is made up of two recordings, both audience.  The first half has a heavily
emphasized bass and undermiked drums; the second half is distant and some-
what tinny.  So, if sound is your main concern, stay away.

	From a historical perspective, though, it has some of the most
interesting stuff I have seen in a long time.  The two shows each promote a
different "latest record" - their new single Magic Bus on the first half
(which medleys with Shakin All Over in a 12-min amazing jam - a very different
Magic Bus than I have ever heard), and their new single Pictures of Lilly in
the second half.  Among the rarities on the disc - a version of Summertime
Blues with Pete singing the bass part, and a hard rocking version of the
old Bordelaux Bryant song "Love Hurts" (no, Nazareth didn't do it first).  Also
included is a rare 1967-8 live version of "So Sad About Us."

	So, certainly a mixed bag, but a rare recording from what is certainly
an interesting period...

- Mason