JAE in Milw

I tried sending this review 24 hours ago but it didn't appear on the list,
which is the 2nd time this has happened this week.  Has anyone else had this
problem with posting to the list?  (As far as I know, all my other outgoing
e-mail IS reaching its destination).  Anyway, here's what I wrote last night:

Pam (Psrox) and I just got back from a very good performance.  The band
seemed enthusiastic and John was talkative.  So here's a musical legend who
rarely spoke during Who concerts because of Pete's and Roger's dominance, and
what does part of  the Milwaukee crowd do?  They shout out inane song
recommendations (e.g., "Guitar And Pen") so frequently and so loudly that it
was often difficult to hear what John was saying--in fact, he stopped
mid-sentence several times because of this (though he didn't appear very
annoyed).  The worst had to be a guy who, when he wasn't harassing Pam,
bellowed "John, you play a song that YOU like."

Meanwhile, I had to dodge Jerome The Human Metronome, who swayed excessively
during most of the show.  He reminded me of a player caught in a rundown
between first and second bass (baseball pun).  The last gripe I'll pass along
came from a roadie and was overheard by Pam:  Apparently John's band isn't as
well behaved as the typical alternative band that plays at Shank Hall--John's
band drinks A LOT, declared this roadie!!  And with a straight face, in
Milwaukee, of all places!  (Hint for non-Americans:  the baseball team is
named The Brewers.)

The evening's highlight was a 5th band member, brought on stage by Steve
Luongo, which had apparently occurred for the first time in the previous city
on the tour.  Without ruining the surprise (and you shouldn't either,
Pamela!), let's just say that Steve has added a wildlife component to the
setlist.

Rich B.

P.S.  A gentleman calling himself "Cousin Kevin" has been running the
souvenir table for all 38 shows so far and said maybe 3,000 of the 5,000 "The
Rock" CDs have been sold.