Re: "Annoying Clicks" on "Not Gonna Take It"

>Actually, there are two different kinds of clicking sounds:
>1) pick click -- the one you hear primarily in the first section (being a
>quieter level), the pick snapping off a string; and
>2) string squeal -- primarily at and after "See Me"  (bigger jumps on the
>fretboard; to make multi-fret jumps fast, guitarists tend not to lift their
>fingers as high from the strings--the drag of finger movement causes string
>squeal.  Pete's fast enough to limit the squeal to a very short "clicking"
>sound.
>
>If you don't play this cut at concert decibels, the two aren't noticeable
>amongst the cymbals.

Mick:

I noticed the clicks too...at well below "concert" levels, just a damned
fine pair of Klipsh speakers.
However, as QUAD Jimmy would say: "I'm not bothered, am I?" Given the
improvement in this disk, I don't mind. I though perhaps I was just hearing
flaws so buried before that they weren't noticable (ditto with the noise on
Relax). Pick noises...fine with me.
I do wish they had cleaned up the distortion of the piano at the beginning
of Baba, though. That DOES annoy me.

                  Cheers                 ML