Re: Quad 1973 & Pink Floyd's The Wall

>1) Those of you who have said "Quad has never had the live performance it
>should..." must not have been there in '73.

Mason:

I'd say that it was performed what, 7 times counting the British shows?
Someone should know that out here somewhere. I THINK we got 3 performances
in the US before Townshend ripped the tapes out of the console. And those
replete with problems. I have no doubt that the shows were incredible...I
can't imagine them otherwise. But I don't know if they qualify as QUAD
having the performance it should have (or deserves).

>I also expect minimal other "guests" - possibly Clapton, not Dylan...
>I think the "Special guests" referred to in the ads are merely the backing
>band.

I posted earlier that Clapton has been confirmed for the MSG shows.
Definite, unless he gets sick or something. I'm still trying to find out
about Dylan, but I will...I have a line with the promotor. Bono I doubt,
although he's supposed to be at the Hyde Park show. Other guests may be
American Rock stars we don't even have a clue about yet. How about Bob
Mould? That's a good possibility. I'll try to find this out, too.
I do think we'll either have Dylan opening or more than QUAD. I cannot
imagine a 90 minute show is what we're in for. That would go against
everything that Townshend and the band have been doing for 30 years. I have
hope that it will be rarely performed material (possible because of the
other players), but we will see. I will see, and I can't wait...

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend