Re: the Who and LIVE AID--a kind of history

>I was at home when the Live Aid broadcast was on the air on the telly and
>radio. During the radio broadcast, the Who opened up with MY GENERATION and
a few seconds through, there was a power failure and the sound came to
>a sudden halt. Later it came back on in a few seconds and they resumed
>playing. Just a technical glitch. Songs to follow: PINBALL WIZARD, LOVE
>REIGN O'ER ME, and WGFA. I only saw WGFA on video in a later edited tv
>showing. When overconfident Pete slipped when he tried to kick the
>microphone during WGFA, Roger deliberately thumbled on the stage to save
>Pete's face. It was not an act. Just a professional save. They will
>always be mates.

Mike:

I got the entire thing on video (and still have it) from MTV. You're right,
except that during WGFA there was another "blackout" for a minute or so. I
got the opening of MG, the end of PW, the entire LROM, and an interrupted WGFA.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend