Re: Orlando '82

Randall, re:

>It WAS a disaster for a (then) little-known band called The B-52s. They only
>lasted about 2 1/2 songs. They put up a valiant effort, but in the end the
>shower of shoes, bottles and cups was too much. They really got nailed. I
>was surprised to see Joan Jett, who had a hit album at the time, go on stage
>first, followed by The B-52s. I wonder if The Who wanted to fire up the
>crowd before they took the stage.

Actually, I thought the B-52's were at their peak (or perhaps past it at the
time). I was pleasantly surprised by their good performances after listening
to Joan Jett scream distortedly into the mike. Unfortunately, the <Picard>
kickers of central Florida didn't want to put up with them and pelted them
with whatever they had (personally I liked the Ketchup, that had class).
Anyway, I never did get to hear "Private Idaho"... It WAS an experience... :)
Bob Mould should have opened up for Pete down there. My "performance" would
have been like sainthood compared to what he would have received from them...

- -wf