Re: MSG & Clapton

>First of all, it has been confirmed that Clapton WILL be at MSG playing
>WITH
>The Who...according to the promotor
><<<
>
>This is the first I've heard of it -- The previous exchanges were only
>speculation (and hope) on my part.  Details, please!  Mark: what is the
>date of the quote in your new sig line?  It has taken on new relevance
>for me since seeing the B'way Tommy...

Kevin:

I have a friend who is friends with the promotor. So I don't have any
details other than he said that Clapton is going to be there playing with
The Who. Which suits me fine; Clapton has done some wonderful work for other
people (more often better than he has done for himself, as in the Waters
album PROS AND CONS OF HITCHHIKING). And I've never seen Clapton.
The ego thing shouldn't be a factor...after all, Townshend readily admits
that Clapton is a better lead player...so he wouldn't feel threatened by him.
As for the date of the quote, I don't know...I got it from The Who By Words
and it doesn't list a date. I suspect it would be the mid-70s, due to what
Pete says in TKAA movie.
I thought the quote was relevent considering the controversy around the MSG
shows. I almost used the "The last time we played MSG I was the same old
faces chanting Jump Jump Jump etc." quote but it was too depressing.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend