Re: Front Tix At MSG

At 02:05 PM 6/25/96 -0400, Fang wrote:
>Lauren, re:
>
>>... option right now on some tickets in the first
>>five rows for the first two nights. They are $450/each,
>>only available in pairs. ... those seats are selling
>>for $650-1000.

>... that sounds like a lot of money for one night's
>entertainment, even to me.

     My agent's contacts in New York offered *her*
the same deal for my benefit, although the quoted
"going" price was $500 at the bottom end. So Lauren's
info sounds correct -- and not far from what I've
heard for premium seats at other shows. At Hyde Park,
for example, the VIP Section *lists* for $200+. Just
a matter of the free enterprise system, I s'pose. A
bit much for my sense of value, but we have to
redistribute the wealth *somehow* ...  :->

>Here's a deal for you, for $50, I'll order you one
>of those whatcha-ma-callets from a catalogue and place
>decals on it of Roger, Pete and John. However,
>you'll have to supply the batteries yourself. :)

     I can do better -- $49, and I'll throw in an AC
adapter ... or *maybe* even a 12V plug adapter ...

>... I can't imagine who you're dealing with, but
>I have to say, you're getting ripped...

     Depends on whether the money is worth more than
"being there." Like I said, it's similar to deals
I've been offered in which the markup more or less
splits the difference between face+Amex/Ticketmaster
and the street rate. The latter, of course, having
dropped since the extra shows were added ...

Heading for Hyde Park ...!!!!!!!!!!

Bob
Bad defeats Good then self-destructs ...