Re: Talmy Threatens

     mleamen writes:
     ^^In fact, proof positive of Talmy's work VS Davies can be seen by
     ^^comparing SOMETHING ELSE to VGPS. VG has terrible
     ^^production...overloads and poor mixing. And that was the first
     ^^complete Davies album production. SE was cutting edge production
     ^^when it was released...brilliant use of stereo and layering (and
     ^^other stuff I don't know the technical name for). I know that RD
     ^^claims that Talmy left early on during the making of this LP, but
     ^^the evidence shows otherwise. I have no doubt that RD did indeed
     ^^co-produce SE, but I think that Talmy "tidied up" after him, perhaps
     ^^even without this knowledge (let us not forget that ST was hired by
     ^^the label, not The Kinks...and Reprise was probably nervous about
     ^^letting Davies produce after the string of successes Talmy had).

     Here's a thought:  Was Glyn Johns the engineer on SE as he was on My
     Generation?  Perhaps he might have had more influence on the quality
     of SE than Talmy.

     Also, since Johns was the engineer on MG, why not have him do the new
     mix?  I bet both Talmy and The Who could agree to that.

                                Brian