Re: Talmy threatens!

At 10:00 PM 06/24/96 -0400, "Gary M. Gillman" <garyg@inforamp.net> wrote:

>>I'm always fascinated when these discussions of Talmy recur and we all
>speak of him so knowingly, as the guy who produced the classic early Who
>recordings but won't release the legendary masters he's sitting on, etc. But
>what do we really know of Talmy other than these (barest of) facts? Who IS
>Shel Talmy anyway? How old is he? Where does he live? Is he a Who fan like
>we are? How did he come to work with the Who? What's he been doing since his
>groundbreaking work with the Who and Kinks? Does he acknowledge that My
>Generation is the first "rock" song, and does he consider that he had a lot
>to do with stimulating the Who's groundbreaking innovations (as indeed it
>appears he did?). What does he think of LAL, and its re-release? What is
>this insuperable issue that, 30 years on, prevents the remixing in stereo of
>some of rocks' greatest recordings? Can't someone on the list with
>connections in the music biz line this guy up for, say, a joint Who/Kinks
>mailing list interview, moderated if need be? The Talmy story is one of the
>least understood parts of the Who saga, and this is most unfortunate....Gary M.

I approached Shel via e-mail a few weeks ago to do an interview regarding
the master tapes. He respectfully declined at the present time because of
the current negotiations.

I'm not sure if he subscribes to this mailing list but he is one of the few
people that are Who-related that I know of that are active on the internet.

Joe

- -----
Joe Giorgianni
South Glens Falls, NY  12803

If you are interested in the Who and their records please check out my web
page at:

http://www.capital.net/users/giorgian/