Re: sour grapes

In a message dated 96-06-24 13:48:06 EDT, kwinn@steptech.com (Kevin Winn)
writes:

<< Has Pete ever done *anything* that he hasn't turned on at least once or
 twice in the years since doing it?

Normally I would agree.  But the "Who on Ice" tour, as Pete dubbed it, was
pretty abysmal by Who standards.  That is not to say that they didn't blow
away all the other bands around at the time, but Whowise, the '89 tour was
not exactly a high point.

I get the feeling Pete struggles quite a bit with wanting to preserve the
band's dignity on the one hand, and wanting to capitalize on a body of work
that is rightfully his on the other.  Admittedly this is a gross
oversimplification--I imagine there are a lot of other issues at play--but
I'm sure the knowledge that regrouping as The Who in any incarnation brings
joy to so many thousands of fans is justification enough.

I'll be at the Madison Square Garden shows, but I have to admit, I have mixed
feelings.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to think out loud.

Lisa Grand