Re: Politics

>>I'd be willing to bet that there's a correlation with the number of years a
>person attends college and their political persuasion<
>
>I believe there are data that back this up.

Jim:

There are exceptions, though...my being one of them. I never got a chance to
go to college ("What can a poor boy do?") but am self-educated and after
working for someone else for almost 20 years made it to the point of opening
my own successful (so far) store at age 40 (just a few short months ago).
Liberal is what I would be called in most circles, although as a teen I was
a Marxist so I've mellowed a bit. I also agree with some of what even
BuKKKanan had to say...flat tax (of course, Jerry Brown also advocated that
and I didn't support him either) and I DO think we should close the borders
and seriously curtail foreign aid and make the prisoners work...all
conservative views.
What does this have to do with The Who, one might ask (especially if one is
Paul)? Aside from a better understanding of this Who fan (who also likes the
"blood and thunder" songs best), much of what I believe was brought to my
attention by Townshend's songs...which are pretty damned liberal, if you ask
me. Best of all, PT was an aware liberal (as can be heard in WGFA). He
didn't blindly advocate the views of his peers. And that, I think, is the
important thing. In any view, there should be the ablility to consider the
alternative...and research to make sure. It's too easy to just parrot words,
as so many do. As Dylan (since he's opening for The Who) said: "Don't follow
leaders..."

                   Cheers                   ML