Politics Too

>Mark, re:
>
>>f Perot was elected (and he's not very stable, but that's another debate)
>>the other parties would turn their backs on him and absolutely nothing would
>>get done. He'd be impeached within two years.
>
>I disagree. The guy's a business man and KNOWS how to "negotiate". He's not
>stupid, either. I think he'd get a LOT done and turn Washington upside down
>in the process... We need a positive change and I'd be more than willing to
>gamble on him...

wf:

Well, in this area we must disagree. In regard to how he treats his
employees (see my earlier post) and some of his "ideas" (I'm being very nice
here) about "sitting down and holding hands with Congress" (I should think
that you could make quite a joke about that statement) and so on...it sounds
like he's extremely politically naive. He can negotiate when he holds a
strong or winning hand...which he never will, in this situation (unless we
vote his people into ALL of the posts).
I certainly agree that we need a positive change, and think that Clinton has
been a positive change so far. He doesn't go as far or speak as plain as I
would, but tis better than what we've had for the 12 years before.
Maybe in his second term he will legalize marijuana and tax it to rid us of
the deficit easily and painlessly. Maybe we'll get a flat tax. Who knows? I
do know that we'll never see this from Dole! Or Perot. As long as they
perpetuate the myth that pot is more harmful than alcohol...which is
foolish, since it's actually less harmful than aspirin...we'll never see
reality there. As long as businesses want tax breaks (and I say this AS a
business owner who is willing to do without them) and individuals who want
to hide their large incomes, we'll never see a flat tax. It's a shame that
the future of our medicine is that it will become for the elite only (it's
almost that way now), but the GOP certainly landmined that one with false
info. I hope they are the first to feel the pain when this brings the
economy to a grinding halt and then starts to slide...as a result of the
baby boomers requiring more and more medical attention coupled with less and
less money.
Sometimes you have to wonder if these people have ANY idea what they're
fighting! Gad what fools these morons be!

                   Cheers                   ML