Re: O-MSMail-Message-Version: 1

Kevin, re:

>I saw John twice this winter and his voice was very rough.  I think part
 was due to the tremendous volume, causing him to scream much more than sing.
 But I also think that time and nicotine are taking their toll on  John's
voice (and hearing).

While I don't think the smoking helps, I talked to John about his singing (or
lack of) during the tour and on "The Rock". I told him that he has a great
voice (to which he agreed. :) ) and we'd like to hear more of it. He
explained the following:

If he can't hear himself properly, he sings off pitch and that bothers him.
On "The Rock", that was meant to be more like a "band" album, than a "solo"
album. I think he got the message from most of us that we greatly enjoy HIS
work and would like to see more of it...

- -wf