Re: More on bootlegs...

Yellow,
Re:I mean, bootlegs are bootlegs, right?

Wrong.  CD's are a much better medium than tape, which is flimsy, gets
tangled, wears out, etc.  If a boot CD exists it's generally better to have
it than a tape copy.

Re:
Why don't people just make tape copies for each other?

A lot of people do, but unless you're dealing with DAT you're not gonna
have a tape with quality as good as the original source.

Re:
But why don't you people with
>fancy store bought bootlegs just copy THOSE for other people? If you
>have a decent stereo, the quality shouldn't suffer much. And since a lot
>of the people on here are good friends and all, it would be a nice thing
>to do for each other. Hey, you could save your friend $30 or however
>much. Maybe they'd return the favor someday.

Again, a lot of people do.

cmh
http://www2.trn.or.jp/chris/index.html
150 東京都渋谷区東 3-12-12
3-12-12 Shibuya-ku Higashi, Tokyo 150
TEL: 03-3486-8861 FAX: 03-3486-8862

There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX.
We don't believe this to be a coincidence." -- Jeremy S. Anderson