The great bootleg debate...

I just have this compelling urge to stick my two cents in here...

I must confess that I do not own a single Who bootleg. However, I was
once fairly well connected in the Pearl Jam bootlegging world. This is
signifigant mainly because the members of Pearl Jam have made it quite
clear that they themselves don't give a damn if people make bootlegs of
their shows or not. When Jeff Ament was asked what he thought about
boots, he said he thought they were okay as long as you got good ones.
:) So I never suffered from any sort of moral dilemma, as the record
company wasn't losing money (even if they were, I wouldn't care! They
have enough money!), and the people who actually wrote and preformed the
music didn't care. I really don't have any idea how the various members
of the Who feel about bootlegs. Any of you have some handy quotes on the
subject? Personally, if *I* were some Big, Famous Rock Musician, I'd be
FLATTERED that people would be willing to go to such lengths to get more
of my music. Also, anyone who was buying bootlegs would more than likely
have already bought all my albums (probably some tee shirts and poosters
as well!), so I would have already gotten a lot of money from this
person.

But then again, that's just me.

                                              -Yellow Ledbetter
This message sent from The Net BBS 608-221-5702.
Telnet address: bbs.madnet.com