Re: Who Tour '96

On Thu, 13 Jun 1996 09:36:11 -0400 comlib2@hookup.net (Gary Sumpter)
writes:
>Someone asked about Zak Starkey's ability to handle the drumming
>chores for
>Quadrophenia.  I saw (and heard) him during Daltrey's tour in '94 and
>I'd
>have to say that they couldn't have made a better choice - with the
>possible
>exception of Kenney Jones, of course.
>
>As for Daltrey and Entwistle continuing the tour beyond the MSG dates,
>with
>or without Townshend - I say YES!  I'm no longer prepared to say that
>Townshend is indispensible as far performing these tunes is concerned.
> If
>he doesn't want to do it, fine.  He can stay at home and tinker with
>the
>Iron Man musical or something.  Daltrey and Entwistle haven't
>forgotten how
>to rock, so what the heck - do it, guys!  And call yourselves The Who
>-
>you've been keeping the name alive since '81.

Right on. I've seen the Pete Townshend's tribute with Roger, John, Zak
and Simon Townshend, etc. at Concord, CA back in '94 and they ROCKED the
house. The Quad medley they'd played was great. Tight set. I'm sure they
will handle it ok. The guests will be the one that be nervous. Relay and
Another Tricky Day was rockin' I recall! It was quite a treat to see
Roger and Simon, both on guitars , singing Naked Eye together. Rock on.

Exquisitely bored in CA

Mike